Monthly Exhibits and Designs
October 21st Virtual Exhibit Schedule:
1. Social Distancing - A Parallel Design* - Designer’s Choice
2. Indian Summer - All Dry Plant Material
3. Every “Witch” Way - Designer’s Choice
4. Rose Colored Glasses - Novice Design** - Designer’s Choice
a. Single flower
4. Ground cover
5. Perennial in Bloom
6. Annual in bloom
8. Blooming Perennial
Botanical Arts Division
1. Pretty as a Picture - Plaque****
* A Parallel Design is a creative design where there are three or more groupings are placed in a strong parallel manner. Parallel direction may be vertical, horizontal, or diagonal. There should be open[k1] space between the groupings. Units may be of one plant material, a combination of plant materials or each of a different plant material. Design is in one container or containers combined so as to appear as one unit.
** The Novice Design class is for members who have never won a blue ribbon for a floral design during a club meeting.
*** A Collection is 5 or more exhibits that are of the same genus and/or species. For example - 5 different types of cone flower that differ by species or color or form. Each is to be exhibited in a separate glass bottle.
**** A Plaque is a two-dimensional design that is to be displayed vertically (i.e. -on an easel). It must contain some plant material and that plant material is to be placed in a naturalist position, as opposed to an abstract manner.